Agrow is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. Please do not redistribute without permission.

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

Chinese pesticide output up 23% in H1

The gross industrial output of the Chinese pesticide industry during the first half of 2011 was valued at Yuan 98,110 million ($15,378 million at the current rate), an increase of 22.6% over the same period last year, reports the Chinese Crop Protection Industry Association. The data were collected from 773 Chinese pesticide manufacturers. Some 90.2% of the total industrial output value was accounted for by chemical pesticides, while the remaining 9.8% was attributed to biopesticides. The first half saw a product sales rate of 96.7%, up 1.4 percentage points over the same period last year. The first half saw 83 companies make a loss, with total losses amounting to Yuan 370 million ($58 million), over double last year’s figure. Pesticide sales during the period amounted to Yuan 91,970 million ($14,415.4 million), an increase of 25.9%, and net profit for the 773 companies to Yuan 5,370 million ($841.7 million), a rise of 17.2%.

Advertisement

Topics

What to read next

Advertisement
UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

AG005115

Ask The Analyst

Please fill in the form below to send over your enquiry or check the Ask The Analyst Page to find out more about the service

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel